For hygienic reasons this item cannot be returned
SILVERETTE ® are small cups crafted out of pure 925 silver that fit over and help to protect nipples while breastfeeding. Essential for preventing and treating sore or cracked nipples while nursing.
How SILVERETTE ® works
Silver is a natural antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and antibacterial metal that also contains anti-inflammatory agents. These unique properties naturally promote healing and prevent infection. Since 2002, SILVERETTE ® cups have enjoyed a resounding and growing success with mothers, doctors and obstetricians.
The only & original silver nursing cups made by licensed silversmiths in Italy
- Pure 925 Silver
- Prevent and treat sore and cracked nipples
- Naturally heals cuts, cracks, wounds, soreness & prevents infections
- No additional creams or ointments are needed
- Effective forever - use over multiple children
- One size, patented shape fits any size nipple without compressing it
- Nickel Free
- Made in Italy
How to use SILVERETTE ®
To prevent or ease sore nursing nipples, leave a couple of drops of breast milk in each cup at the end or your breastfeeding session and place the cups directly over the nipple like a cupping glass. Keep SILVERETTE ® on as much as possible between breastfeeding sessions. Remove cups before breastfeeding. Do not use with creams or lotions as they may reduce effect.
To clean SILVERETTE ®cups
Wash them daily with warm water to remove any milk residues. To keep them shiny, make a paste using baking soda with a small amount of water. Rub the paste on the cups, rinse thoroughly and dry them.
Can SILVERETTE ® be used with absorbent breast pads?
Yes,place the breast pads over the SILVERETTE ® cups. Your nursing bra will hold everything in place.
What is 925 Silver?
925 silver is pure, solid silver that can be molded. The healing properties of silver are well known. It has been used in wound care for centuries as a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
Beware of counterfeits
Dear mummies, be aware that not all 'silver nursing cups' are made from pure 925 silver. Products have be circulating online that look similar to Silverette but they are NOT comparable and could be dangerous to use. Below are the reasons why:
- Other brands are made of 999 Silver or silver plated, which means that the internal part is made of another material that is then covered with Silver. This increases the possibility of leaching and small parts being ingested by the baby.
Silverettes are the only Silver nursing cups that have undergone
allergy testing by an FDA approved laboratory.
Silverettes are the only Silver nursing cups registered with the FDA
and also have the CE approval as a medical device.
Silverettes are the only Silver nursing cups made by licensed
Silversmith in Italy in a medical facility that undergoes strict quality control.
- Silverette began selling in 2002 and have been trusted by medical professionals in Europe and in USA for over 20 years.